Tuesday, August 09, 2005

NoodleFood Discussions

There is currently a lot of excellent discussion taking place over on Diana's NoodleFood blog. You can access it all via the all comments link, or if you come to this post at a later date, check out the comments to these threads (noting particularly comments by "L.S." & "G.S."):

Nathaniel Branden Versus Objectivism

Stinky Garbage on Islam
BTW, I really like the "all comments" link that Diana has. Does anyone know if a similar feature can be incorporated into the blogger templates? (My searches of the blogger help and faq's have so far proven fruitless in this regard.)

3 Comments:

Blogger LOG ME IN said...

Thanks for the links!

My whole comments suite was custom-built. (Okay, so it's really just three PERL scripts that I wrote because Blogger didn't have any comments capacity when I started using it...)

Blogger might allow you to put the most recent comments in the sidebar. (I'm pretty sure that MT allows you to do that.) That's somewhat helpful, I think.

You might try writing to blogger with the suggestion of a "recent comments" page. It's something of a novel idea, I think. Frankly, I probably wouldn't bother to have comments without that page -- and I think it contributes to the occasional liveliness of my comments.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Gus Van Horn said...

Hi,

Nice blog, BTW. Found it via Secular Foxhole.

I haven't tried these myself, but look here and here.

Hope that helps.

Gus

2:03 PM  
Blogger Amit Ghate said...

Thanks Diana and Gus. I think I will write to blogger (perhaps using NoodleFood as my example) and ask them about putting the recent comments on a single page .... the solution of having to click on individual links to each recent comment doesn't really accomplish what I'm looking for.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home