Tuesday, August 09, 2005

NoodleFood Discussions

There is currently a lot of excellent discussion taking place over on Diana's NoodleFood blog. You can access it all via the all comments link, or if you come to this post at a later date, check out the comments to these threads (noting particularly comments by "L.S." & "G.S."):

Nathaniel Branden Versus Objectivism

Stinky Garbage on Islam
BTW, I really like the "all comments" link that Diana has. Does anyone know if a similar feature can be incorporated into the blogger templates? (My searches of the blogger help and faq's have so far proven fruitless in this regard.)


Blogger Diana said...

Thanks for the links!

My whole comments suite was custom-built. (Okay, so it's really just three PERL scripts that I wrote because Blogger didn't have any comments capacity when I started using it...)

Blogger might allow you to put the most recent comments in the sidebar. (I'm pretty sure that MT allows you to do that.) That's somewhat helpful, I think.

You might try writing to blogger with the suggestion of a "recent comments" page. It's something of a novel idea, I think. Frankly, I probably wouldn't bother to have comments without that page -- and I think it contributes to the occasional liveliness of my comments.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Gus Van Horn said...


Nice blog, BTW. Found it via Secular Foxhole.

I haven't tried these myself, but look here and here.

Hope that helps.


2:03 PM  
Blogger Amit Ghate said...

Thanks Diana and Gus. I think I will write to blogger (perhaps using NoodleFood as my example) and ask them about putting the recent comments on a single page .... the solution of having to click on individual links to each recent comment doesn't really accomplish what I'm looking for.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home