Tuesday, April 11, 2006

LGF

After several months now of surfing the web trying to understand the Islamist threat, I have concluded that Little Green Footballs is the single best site for the general reader. It presents the essential facts and best opinion pieces, and does so without any religious overtones. (That's not to say that the editors aren't religious, but that they do a very good job of keeping their personal views out of their commentary). If you have time to only visit one site, I'd recommend that it be LGF.

PS today they point out an interesting article by a Kuwaiti Political Scientist who writes that Muslims bear the responsibility for the West's growing distrust of them. I hope many more people join him in stating such views, including some in our own universities.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I concur. I've been a long time LGF reader. I quit commenting a long time ago, however, when a bunch of racists and/or religionists sort of took over.
Johnson has done a good job of keeping up with what is happening and his readership represents hundreds of dedicated extra eyes and ears for him.

I like to keep up with MEMRI, as well. LGF links to the most interesting translations, but I like to check it for myself. It is fascinating - and eye opening - to see what is being said in Arabic out of one side of someone's mouth, and compare it to what is being said in English out of the other side.

Janet Busch

2:36 AM  
Blogger Amit Ghate said...

Thanks for the comments and links zama and Janet; I hadn't spent much time on either of the sites you mention but will make a point to do so soon.

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home