Analyzing HR 3962
Dr. John Lewis has taken the time to go through the latest health care bill (all 1,990 pages of it!) and excerpt relevant passages and summarize their meaning.
Jason Crawford of OActivists offers this summary of Dr. Lewis' post, but make sure to check out the whole thing and pass it along. (Rush Limbaugh had previously read Dr. Lewis' work on HR 3200, so no avenue is too big to try.)
1. Will the plan punish Americans who do not carry the required insurance, or employers who do not provide it?
2. Will the plan make private insurance illegal?
3. Will the plan ration medical care through budgets?
4. Will the plan ration care through waiting lists?
5. Will the plan impose special, higher taxes on Americans who earn more than others?
6. Will the plan levy special taxes and surcharges on medical devices?
7. How will the plan affect health insurance provided by employers?
8. Does the plan allow the government to set fees?
9. Can the government officials audit taxpayers, employers, and insurance plans to enforce compliance?
It also lists "new boards, committees, programs, and other bureaucratic encumbrances" established by the bill.