Sunday, January 15, 2006

Embarrassing Weekend for the NFL

I have always maintained that the NFL is by far the best run sports league -- its playoff structure keeps almost every regular season game meaningful, the coaching is incredible, the strategy and intensity of the game second to none. But I almost quit watching after the officiating in the Steelers-Colts game (especially since the other AFC game was also so poorly refereed). I mean it would be much better just to spot the Colts a 7 point lead rather than officiate to make it happen ... at least that way everyone would know where they stood. And that the Colts and officials couldn't team up to beat the Steelers, should give everyone pause before they proclaim the Colts the best team in the league, much less a great team. (I know this is way off topic for this blog, but I had to get it off my chest ;-))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home